InfoSec Professionals – 5 Reasons To Get In
This article is focused on people and companies that work and act in the Information Security field. If you’re a Blue/Red/CERT/CSIRT team member, Security Professional or student, Security Vendor, Data Center, PenTest Company or Security Management representative, then you might find it useful.
CFO asks CEO: “What happens if we invest in developing our people and they leave us?”
CEO: “What happens if we don’t, and they stay?”
When it comes to information security training, Security Professionals or Security Students have a few choices – like Security PenTest Labs, Vulnerable by Design Servers/Applications or InfoSec Conferences CTFs.
PenTest Labs – Vulnerable by design, they are sophisticated, complex networks ranging from some easy vulnerabilities all the way up to complex ones. PenTest labs are pretty static networks in that their infrastructure doesn’t often change. There won’t be surprising funny new servers/applications any time you sign in.
Vulnerable by Design Servers/Applications – Specially designed for light training (entry level) their goal is to let new comers to security get used to ethical hacking. In case you want to play with them, you must download them, create a VM and deploy it. You can find a such list of Vulnerable by Design Servers/Applications on VulnHub. They curated the list for you to make your life easier.
InfoSec Conferences CTFs – They are “icing on the cake” to every InfoSec Conference. Special designed to prove participants hacking skills, while having fun. Conferences CTFs are like shooting stars: They glow as long as the conference takes place. After that it fall into oblivion regardless how much fun and challenging they were. Too bad.
CTF365 have all these three training methods in one place and more.
1) PenTest Lab 2.0 – Because unlike usual PenTest Labs, CTF365 it’s changing almost every day. Because all the servers and applications you find in it are build and maintained by real users, once you find a vulnerability it is for real and not vulnerable by design. The excitement of finding a real vulnerability into a system that is not vulnerable by design is like hacking into The Real Thing.
2) Vulnerable by Design 2.0 – That’s because we put some of the most known “Vulnerable by Design” servers and applications in The Cloud. For you as a new security comer, this means that you don’t need to download and deploy these servers/applications. You can just start and hack directly on our CTF365 platform.
3) You can’t be a real security professional if you don’t love to play CTFs. It’s where you sharpen your hacking skills and improve your tactics. If there is no conference you’re attending, you can always play CTFs over the weekend on our Hacker’s Dome. Moreover, all your accomplishments will remain and show on your CTF365 account letting people know what you are good at. Want to build your own CTF and challenge your work mates and friends? No problem, Hacker’s Dome is the place.
4) Your Security Professional Certificate is a good asset when comes to hiring but your skills are more important – no problem if you use CTF365 for any of the above, your achievements will stand as a proof of your hacking skills.
5) CTF365 act as an internet where you can train and experience all forbidden actions that the real Internet doesn’t allow us to perform like Brute Force, Deface, XSS, DoS, DDoS etc.
You don’t have to take our word for it, here are some opinions from security professionals from different companies around the world, in no particular order:
“CTF365, is one of the top resources I would recommend to any one starting out in IT security and wanting to train their skills or beginner to advanced users participating in a vast competitive and realistic capture the flag. “
CHRISTOPHER THOMAS – SCS
“I think the main thing is that its more of a real world setup not these vulnerable by design labs but real world targets”
“- A fabulous concept, Brilliantly executed.”
Marius Avram Gabriel – RandomStorm
“If you want to improve your skills then CTF365 is by far the best place! Great platform for infosec trainings.”
Hardy Mansen – Unibet
“World Class Support. Thanks!”
Sean Williams – Facebook
“It seems like you have a fun and potentially challenging CTF setup going on. I really like the ongoing, always-on aspect.”
Who is it for?
- Security Training Companies
- InfoSec Vendors
- InfoSec Organizations
- InfoSec Conferences
- Security Management Companies
- Red, Blue, CERT/CSIRT Teams
- Information Security Recruiters
- CS faculties
- Web developing companies
- Web Hosting Companies
- Data Centres
Bottom line, CTF365 it’s a top notch Security Training Platform that offers five star services for Security Professionals
Stay secure while having fun. 🙂