Let The Games Begin

It is well known that the best way to learn security is hands on. It’s the kind of experience you earn in pentest labs or CTF competitions based on challenges or defensive and offensive security and it’s aimed at improving your security skills.

Every important Information Security conference has a CTF competition, the most prestigious universities host CTF competitions and major companies organize CTFs now and then. Just take a look at Stripe or Mozilla. CTF is everywhere and not just in the InfoSec Industry.

Β

The World is changing rapidly, and so is the InfoSec industry along with CTFs. Here at CTF365 we bring a new approach to the CTF wargame. We won’t tell you more at this time but, to keep your curiosity alive, we’ll post articles in our blog with hints about a new era of CTF competitions. This kind of CTF will blow away your expectations and we strive to find ways to surprise you every time with something new.

CTF365 is being built with passion and love for those who love challenges, want to improve their security skills, love competition and hacking. So if you are into security, CTF365 is the right place for you.

CTF365 is WoW for Hackers (World of Warcraft) except that instead of fighting in a fantasy world, with imaginary powers against imaginary characters, CTF365 will replicate the real world as much as possible, and you will have to fight with your own real tools… hacking tools. BackTrack, Metasploit, Nmap, BackBox Linux or whatever you choose to use as weapons. You will have your own Fortress/BaseCamp to defend (your own server). You will be able to build your own computer network, and you will have routers/switches. You will build your own team and we will provide you with RTTK – Red Team Tool Kit for team communication and many more features. You want to build your own Network? You can! DoS attacks? No problem. DDoS attacks? Heck yes! There will be as few rules as possible trying to get to the perfect cyber wargame: No rules at all.

There will be a Hall of Fame and prizes, there will be pain and disappointment. There will be rough, unmerciful teams that love to take a piece of you and show it to the world.

CTF365 (Capture The Flag 365) is a brand new and disruptive cyber wargame for the Information Security Industry. It represents World of Warcraft for hackers, system administrators and security specialists, security students, Red Teams and CERT professionals and will become a must for every InfoSec conference. Security can only be learned with hands-on experimentation.

Have we ignited your imagination? This is just the beginning for the most disruptive CTF cyberwar game ever.

Do you have ideas? Do you want to give us a feedback? We’re anxious to hear from you. What do you think?

Follow US on Twitter for more updates

Marius Corici

Lazy (energy efficient) entrepreneur: Thinking a lot to do less, preserving energy, providing simplicity.

You may also like...

24 Responses

1. Kilroy says:

This sounds really awesome. As a student at a school that has only the most basic of computer security classes and training I am always looking for ways to expand my knowledge and cut my teeth in the computer security field

• marius.corici says:

Thanks Kilroy. Jut tell your mates, tell your teachers, spread the word to The World. This will be awesome. πŸ˜‰

2. Aaron says:

So excited to get involved in this I hope that they creates a Windows Phone 8 App too :), Hope im smart enough as a beginner to be able to get stuck into this awesome challange.

3. Matt says:

Hell yes, I am already talking to my ubuntu loco for some much needed manpower.

The only thing I don’t like is that the server requires “two different internet browsers”. Who in their right mind has a browser ON the server? Unless you are windows but then well… you are asking for it.

4. ChanBin says:

Will this happen every year or so? Because I am still in one of my first steps into info security..(I don’t even have a team.. πŸ˜› nor my own laptop) Well, but the whole thing looks fun, and I will be looking forward to this game even though I might not be able to participate! πŸ˜€

5. ra says:

hi guys, trying to fill in the survey: but i get We’re sorry, but something went wrong.

6. el says:

so, how to play this game?

7. 0rion says:

I’m a beginner to CTF what would you recommend to learn or do you know a great ebook or so? please someone reply?

8. TidyJohn says:

Is this similar to the HoneyN3t CTF which was run last year. Looks like a rip off of that one.

9. anon says:

Hi, I’ve noticed that you’ve added a country named “Northern Cyprus”. Although I have no issues with that, it is politically incorrect. The correct name is “Cyprus” for the entire island. thank you

10. Dear guys
    I wounder what went wrong with CTF platform, can anyone clear it! we were suppose to start long time ago!
    Regards

Arabian Rider

11. Anon-T says:

welcome for share this page

12. Meps says:

Hi, I’m new to this
    is there any websites which I can goto in order to build up my knowledge for this event?

13. BadTasTe says:

Let the game begin….. any news?
    Good luck anyway guys, you are doing great!

14. Julio says:

I did not find any clue to what to do to start, the game, what tools how to make a fortress?
    Does it stop working?
    I am trying to expand my kwonledge and i see it as an oportunity;

1. November 26, 2012

[…] Hacker News http://blog.ctf365.com/let-the-game-begin/ goedkope energie This entry was posted in Uncategorized by admin. Bookmark the […]

2. May 23, 2013